|Sector||Heavy Industrial (O&G, Mining, Power, Automotive)|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
The Plant Engineer will implement innovative solutions toward solving operations and maintenance issues; support capital project design, planning, and execution; and optimize maintenance practices to ensure safe, reliable operations and lowest total life cycle costs in accordance with industry accepted engineering practices, governing regulations, and company procedures.
Assignments will involve external contact and engineering firms, sales and service personnel, and vendors to discuss new implementation or modifications to existing equipment.
- Administers and monitors the plant performance monitoring systems. Prepares reports and generates data as required.
- Analyzes equipment failures, incidents, accidents, and unusual events and provides analysis, root-cause analysis, recommendations, recommended recovery plans, reports and appropriate follow-up cost effective solutions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Leads and coordinates projects aimed at improving the efficiency, reliability, and safety of facility operations.
- Analyzes equipment failures, incidents, accidents, and unusual events, and provides appropriate follow-up of cost-effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Leads and coordinate projects aimed at improving the efficiency, reliability, safety of facility operations.
- Participates in the administrative maintenance of plant operating manuals, technical references, prints, diagrams, and preventative/predictive maintenance records and ensures that vendors maintenance reports and repair records are properly filed and kept up to date.
- Participates in Environmental Health & Safety aspects of the overall plant by establishing and maintaining a high level of professional and personnel and equipment safety and environmental awareness and compliance of standards and practices.
- Contributes to the culture of continuous improvement and suggests enhancements to improve controls, drive efficiencies and add values.
- Will maintain the Management of Change process for the site.
- Assists in developing the annual budget and in identifying and implementing plant and/or profitability projects. Provides technical support in bid preparation specifications, evaluation of bid proposals, and monitoring contractor work to ensure contract compliance.
- Manages capital improvement projects to ensure budgetary guidelines and contractual guarantees are met.
- Responds quickly to plant conditions or requirements which may involved extended work hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Managers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in data analytics, preferably related to operational performance in power generation.
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge and experience working with SCADA/DCS and historian systems.