Senior Municipal Engineer / QA Reviewer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
Our client is looking for an experienced Municipal Engineer who is interested in working on projects varying in scope and size related to water distribution systems, flood protection, stormwater management, and storm drainage systems; including planning and design of new facilities, as well as optimization and rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on multi-disciplinary projects
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents
- Reviewing specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Risk analysis and management
- Preparing proposals and reports
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors
- Leading and participating in Business Development initiatives
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff
- Mentoring and coaching project teams including technical and field staff
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 15 plus years progressive experience in municipal engineering with at least 10 years working in a consultancy
- P.Eng., or eligibility for registration in Ontario
- Project management (PMP) designation is an asset
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic modelling experience is an asset
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals
- Excellent communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Extensive experience providing strategic advisory services related to municipal engineering projects and clients is required.