Project Manager, Industrial Buildings
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
- Our client's Industrial Buildings practice is currently made up of teams across North America, including centers of excellence in ON, BC, MN, QC, NS, and in the US (PA and NY). The group provides services for all phases of a project's life cycle, from planning through detailed design, construction support, commissioning, and facility decommissioning.
As a Project Manager within the Industrial Buildings team you will work to assist clients through the planning and construction of industrial and other buildings projects. You will manage teams of engineers, architects, and technologists across multiple projects, overseeing the development of integrated design proposals and their delivery. You will be leading and mentoring others while collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing teams and tasks on multiple Buildings projects of varying size and complexity.
- Key front facing team member with the client, from the initial meeting through to successful completion of the project.
- Flexibility with working in a fast paced and dynamic environment prioritizing schedules, deliverables and client needs.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating teams and tasks on multiple Buildings projects of varying size and complexity.
- Effectively participate and help to win potential projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Keep the overall Buildings leadership team informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables, and understand the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Lead the client and project team to ensure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentor Assistant Project Managers and motivate project teams.
- Ensure that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Lead project coordination and client/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, client, contractor, and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Evaluate, advise on, and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Direct client invoicing and effectively manage collections.
- Good leadership, organization, and coordination skills
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple projects.
- Proactively take appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project; experience with reviewing Revit models and AutoCAD drawings desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Architecture, Project or Construction Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience. Buildings, manufacturing, and/or industrial experience desirable.