Business Development Associate, Ontario - Interior Products
Our client is seeking a driven and consultative Business Development Professional to help grow their market share of the Interior Architectural Products sector. In this role, you will cover the Ontario region for projects related to municipal buildings, social infrastructure, lower and higher education, and a mix of commercial buildings.
- Visit clients, designers, and architects to demonstrate products, show samples and take orders, or conduct virtual presentations and meetings via Zoom or Teams.
- Maintain the company sales database by registering client meetings, projects, and notes on correspondence with all contacts.
- Arrange a program of visits to major potential buyers, designers, and architects by contacting people and making appointments.
- Develop and update knowledge of our own and our competitors’ products.
- Speak with other sales and marketing personnel in our company to work out the best methods of promoting products.
- Work out our customers’ needs and explain and demonstrate products to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Aid the Sales Manager securing orders.
- Assist the project managers when required to help projects run smoothly.
- Report to employers on sales and provide feedback on the marketing of new or established products.
- Plan to meet sales targets and budgets.
?Desired Qualifications & Attributes:
- Educational background in architecture/architectural technology, construction management, or engineering/engineering technology.
- 3+ years is a sales-focused role with proven success at delivering above targets.
- Knowledge of architecture and interior design markets, with prior sales into these verticals highly valued.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Persistence and follow-through.