Intermediate Urban Planner
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
Our client is a consulting firm that provides land use planning and design services to clients across the GTA, the GGH and the Province of Ontario. For them we are seeking an intermediate Urban Planner to join their team.
As an Intermediate Planner you will work with senior staff to prepare research and analysis, evaluate policies, prepare planning reports and materials, coordinate the supporting materials for submission of complete development approval applications, and coordinate with the development team on the approvals process. You will be responsible for the day to day management of project files as well as liaise with municipal and agency staff, and attend client and stakeholder meetings.
• University degree in urban planning, geography or equivalent
• Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation preferred, or Candidate membership in OPPI/CIP;
• Approximately 3-4 years of progressive experience in the Planning field;
• Good understanding of the Ontario planning system and legislation including the Planning Act, provincial/municipal planning policies, plans and guidelines;
• Experience with the preparation of planning materials in support of applications;
• Experience with Committee of Adjustment, Committee and Council public meeting presentations and ability to present at such meetings in the evenings, as required; and
• Ability to perform tasks independently.
The successful candidates will have the following responsibilities:
• Land use planning consulting services for private and public interests who require assistance in acquiring municipal land use approvals including Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Minor Variance, Consents, Plans of Subdivision, and Site Plan approvals;
• Planning policy, research and analysis;
• Preparation of Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, planning analysis and feasibility studies;
• Preparation of Planning Reports;
• Preparation of Planning Act Applications;
• Filing and submission of materials related to applications and periodic pick up and deliveries as required;
• Intermediary between public agencies and applicants on land use planning matters; and
• Representation and/or attendance at meetings, public hearings, Committee and Municipal Council meetings, Committee of Adjustment and Land Division hearings as required.