Intermediate to Senior Municipal Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
Our client’s Sudbury Office is looking for an Intermediate to Senior Municipal Engineer to join their Municipal team. Remote work options are available for the right candidate.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors
- Participating in Business Development initiatives
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff
- Collaborate with staff among all levels of the company and other stakeholders to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Participates in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Completion of a University Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must hold an active P.Eng designation with the ability to practice in the province of Ontario, or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- 5-10 years’ experience in conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of linear water main and sewer projects is essential.
- Must be proficient in design engineering for large municipal and provincial agencies.
- Must possess practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic modelling experience is an asset
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approval.
- Must possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Experience with trenchless technologies and tunneling would be an asset.
- Experience in trunk watermain and trunk sewer design is preferred.
- Proven, advanced level Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
- Other duties as assigned that are relevant to the position.