Senior Urban Designer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
- Our client is a well-established and growing consultancy that provides land use planning and design services to clients across the GTA, the GGH, and the Province of Ontario. For them we are seeking a Senior Design Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate for the position will have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 6+ years of progressive experience in the Development Planning field with capable design abilities
- Proficiency in the use fo AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CorelDraw and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage, train, and provide mentorship to junior design staff
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a variety of clients
- Knowledge of the planning process and related legislations
- Possesses a positive attitude and works well as a member of a team
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to coordinate a variety of project activities
Duties may include the following:
- Managing workflow of junior design staff.
- Provide training to junior design staff as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for LPAT hearings.
Reviewing and preparing Draft Plans of Subdivisions, Block Plans, concept plans and site plans.Preparing graphics and supporting materials for development applications and presentations.
Liaising with municipal staff and other approval agency staff as it relates to processing of applications, research, etc.
Assist in the preparation of Urban Design Briefs, Planning Justification Reports for application submission to municipalities
Assist in the preparation and presentation of applications at Committee of Adjustment hearings and public meetings.