SCADA / Control and Instrumentation Engineer
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
Our Client's Controls and Instrumentation Group is actively seeking an experienced Intermediate Controls & Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer to join their Electrical team in various locations (Toronto, Niagara, London, Sudbury and Ottawa). This position will provide support to projects for Toronto head office as well as all branch offices.
- Design Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), PLC panel layouts, HMI panels, loop diagrams, and instrument installation details for major water /wastewater projects and industrial projects
- Write Process Control Narratives including coordination of a multi-discipline team of Engineers
- Design SCADA network architecture including Fiber Optic, Ethernet and Radio based communication networks
- Design control circuit wiring diagrams / control schematics for various types of starters and process equipment
- Generate project specifications including PLC panel components, instruments, and Process Control Narratives
- Perform Contract Administration including shop drawing review, witnessing of equipment and systems factory acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT) and commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Perform Site Inspections including data gathering and condition assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng. (Ontario) License
- Minimum 2-3 years of consulting engineering experience in design of Water and Wastewater treatment control systems including Process and Instrumentation
- Diagrams (P&IDs), PLC panel layouts, loop diagrams, SCADA network architecture, instrument installation details, and Process Control Narratives
- Exceptional writing skills
- Familiarity with PLC and SCADA systems
- Knowledge of the Communications Protocols: Profibus, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, Profinet etc.
- AutoCAD experience required, and REVIT experience is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team with operators, programmers, process, mechanical and electrical Engineers
- Have a valid G license and ability to independently travel to project sites for site inspections, meetings and business development activities.