|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Sector||Accounting and Finance|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
- The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the overall process of the payroll for our client's Canadian Corporate Head Office, US and facilities operations. This position reports directly to the Payroll Manager.
- Responsible for preparing and processing the bi-weekly payroll for unionized and non-unionized hourly employees and for salaried employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for the standard payroll processing activities including but not limited to: new hire set-ups, garnishments, terminations, pay calculations, time and attendance, payroll payment file creation, T4s, RL1’s, tax filings, etc. with a focus on Canadian payroll practices and legislation.
- Responsible for the RRSP and health insurance benefit administration to enroll, process changes and terminate employees from the applicable plans as required.
- Ensures all proper deductions and contributions are processed accurately.
- Responsible for monthly/yearly remittances and reconciliations for provincial taxes, workers compensation, EHT and federal taxes for Canada.
- Ensures all payroll changes and processes are completed according to Collective Agreement(s) and within the guidelines of legislative requirements.
- Supports the human resources department with employee administration, reporting and ad-hoc requests.
- Produces weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Develops and maintains confidential personnel files using the Company’s payroll system.
- Assists in completing account reconciliations, analysis, financial and payroll audit support and other ad hoc payroll-related requests.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation is required along with membership with the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA).
- Three to four years full cycle payroll experience.
- Working knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Workday experience considered an asset.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organization skills and highly detail-oriented, with a focus on quality and accuracy.