Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist
|Job Type||Direct Hire|
|Salary||0 Per Hour|
Our client is currently looking for an Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist with minimum 5 years of experience in a consulting engineering environment to lead and support projects in the building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design services. This position can be based either in Ottawa or on the East Coast.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Developing schematic and detailed designs;
- Options Development;
- Coordinating construction administration services;
- Tender specifications for construction; and
- Co-ordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years related experience. Project management and building engineering consulting experience are strongly preferred;
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker;
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills;
- Valid driver’s license. Access to vehicle;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Good knowledge and experience with CADD (AutoCAD and/or Revit);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.