Electrical Engineer, Building Systems
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to lead and support projects in building mechanical and electrical design services. This role could be based either in Ottawa or Moncton.
- Developing schematic and detailed designs;
- Design of lighting, power (normal & emergency), security, communications, and fire alarm systems;
- Project estimating;
- Options development and technical report writing;
- Conducting site investigations and construction inspections;
- Attend design and construction meetings;
- Coordinating construction administration services;
- Tender specifications for construction; and
- Co-ordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other discipline.
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.Sc.A Eng.);
- 5+ years related experience. Project management and building engineering consulting experience are strongly preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable worker;
- Valid driver’s license. Access to vehicle.
- Bilingualism is HIGHLY VALUED.
- Good knowledge and experience with CADD (AutoCAD and/or Revit)